Saturday, July 2, 2011

Not Much News

This was another good  week of work.  On Tuesday, I went to the development site to have a meeting with the civil engineers and we discussed the bill of materials for Phase 1.  It was very interesting, and I got to see the business side of this operation.  I rode there with a girl from work named  Kaye.  She is very cool, and she is originally from the U.K.  On the way home, we saw a lynx.  I'm guessing it was a lynx, it had those long pointy ears.  The rest of the week was just work in the office.  We found out on this past Wednesday that we were getting kicked out of the room we have been staying.  Apparently the hotel booked it a year ago for the Knysna Oyster Festival.  So we were moved across town to a different hotel.  It is nice also, but we have no kitchen or sitting area.  We will get to go back to our original home on Tuesday the 12.  The Oyster Festival is a huge deal here.  It is a ten day festival, and the population of the town triples at least.  They have bike races, marathons, and all other kind of events.  I figure we will just hang around town and experience the festival this weekend.  On Monday, I am running in a relay race.  It will not be too bad; I only have to run 1 km.  Well, that's the only news that I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment