Sunday, July 17, 2011

Billabong Pro Surf Competition

I can't believe how fast the weeks are flying by.  I only have another month before I come back to the States, and I feel that there is a lot more to do.  This past week at work was good.  I was very productive, and I had a meeting with the directors to discuss my work.  I have finally found my niche in the company as a environmental engineer/landscape architect.  I have been working in the landscaping area mainly because they are very short-handed in that department right now.  I am very excited about the progress I have made and about the feedback I received at the meeting.  This weekend was very fun and tiring.  Friday, Jorge and I went to dinner at a local place called Quay 4.  We had seafood and listened to a little bit of live music.  We then moved to a bar that one of our friends here on the island has opened.  Its a cool little hangout, and we had a fun night.  The next day I was able to sleep in thankfully.  On Saturday, I went to a braii/birthday party with one of my co-workers and his family.  I met a lot of fun people, and I got to eat a lot of great food.  I was definitely a wild night.  Sunday morning I did not have the luxury of sleeping late.  I was on the road at 6 am with Jorge and Werner heading to  Jeffery's Bay to watch the Billabong Pro Surf Championship.  I figured it would be one of the only times I was able to see a pro competition.  We made it back from J-Bay around 7 tonight, and I regret to say that I still have not seen a pro surf competition.  There were no waves today, so they called a lay day today.  We still got to see Jeffery's Bay, and then we went to Cape Francis and St. Francis Bay.  There are amazing beaching here.  I was a long day, and now I just want to relax.  They are not going to show the women's world cup here, so I do not get to watch us tonight.  It was another great weekend here in ZA.

No comments:

Post a Comment