Saturday, June 25, 2011

Another Week

This past week went by very fast.  Work takes up most of my time during the week, so there is not much to post.  Thursday and Friday were good work days, mainly because I was productive.  Yesterday, the office let out early to go to Sirocco, a local bar and eatery.  We were having a send off party for one of the girls who is moving back to Cape Town.  After that, I went out with a couple of co-workers to experience the Knysna night life.  It was very cool; it reminded me a lot of College Station somehow.  The bars all got really crowded around midnight, and I met many interesting people.  So far, today has been pretty chill.  I woke up late and have been relaxing.  We chose not to go anywhere this weekend because a cold front came through and the wind has been blowing, and its been raining a lot.  Tonight, we are going to a Mexican dinner party somewhere with my boss and his wife.  People here like Mexican food a lot, but they just have to cook it themselves.  Well, that all the news from the front.  Yesterday, I also learned how to say

"You better watch what you say, I understand Afrikaans!"

No comments:

Post a Comment